Thursday, October 04, 2007

Some UnSock WIPs

This scarf has been taking up a lot of my knitting time.

IMG_1907

It is the Easy Flame Lace scarf by Wendy at Knit and Tonic.

Close up:

IMG_1908

The yarn is Malabrigo. I am using my Knitpick Options size 4.

The pattern is easy and so lovely. It's good TV knitting, but not so good for group knitting (which for me, requires a virtually think-free pattern!). It's to be a Christmas gift for my step mother-in-law. I hope she likes it. I can't imagine she won't, but, in truth, I don't know my father-in-law and step-mother-in-law very well. (I've only met them twice: once when all three sets of parents gathered in Baltimore to meet each other before our wedding and then AT our wedding. But the little time I did spend with them was really great. G is much closer to his mom and step-dad, so we spend Christmas there, and Thanksgiving is for my family. Having all the parents in three not neighboring--to us or each other--states means we can't do a Christmas Eve one place and Christmas day at the other. Hopefully we can make a trip to his dad's next spring. In the meantime, this scarf is my way of saying: I think you are neat!)

I'm also working on an easy triangle shawl with some Noro Blossom, purchased at Stitches East 2006.

IMG_1902

I was guilted into starting it before Stitches East 2007. I love the bright, friendly colors. And it will be nice and warm to wrap up in during the winter. This is my big project but I really want to start a sweater. Since it is stalled (I really should order a longer cable from KP), I might just have to start a sweater ...

IMG_1904

3 comments:

laura said...

love the scarf, it's going to be beautiful

Ragan Knits etc... said...

Your scarf is beautiful! The shawl looks like it will be very warm.

KnitPastis said...

I almost casted on for this flame scarf but did the Chevron instead. This is beautiful!!