Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quickie

I've been busy. Neglecting the blog. Am spending all my time on Facebook, Ravelry,
Twitter, and Plurk (tawitham for those two if you want to chat there. though on Twitter I pretty much just lurk b/c I am following and followed by some work people and I don't want to piss off knitters with work stuff and work people with knitting stuff. Should probably do a separate account.).

Here's some stuff I knit last fall.

in hat

Whoops. I actually knit that hat last spring/summer before Henry was born. But here he is finally modeling it. Now it's almost too small. It's Reversible hat by Debbie Bliss in the book
Essential Baby. The yarn is two skeins of Blue Sky Alpacas Skinny Dyed Cotton. I have some leftovers of both colors, enough to make some stripey baby/kid socks someday. Yarn purchased at Spinster Yarns & Fibers in Baltimore, Maryland.


lumpy bumpy cowl

This is a simple cowl I made in November. I knit three other cowls for Christmas gifts. Pics taken, but not loaded onto Flickr yet. Wish I could zap them directly from camera to Flickr, but my tiny camera does not have such awesome capabilities. This is a very basic cowl modeled after
knit COWL by Sophia Sallas-Brookwel, which is a free Ravelry download. I fell in love with this yarn-- Farmhouse Yarns Lumpy Bumpy Yarn-- at Spinsters and several skeins came home with me (and were eventually knit up into Christmas cowls). I have more. Might make some mittens with the leftovers. I love, love, love this yarn.

Finally, my Roza's Socks by Grumperina in the Spring 07 IK. Yarn is Dream in Color Smooshy in Chinatown Apple purchased at Lovelyarns in Baltimore. Great yarn, great pattern. Love!

Thanksgiving weekend 052

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww
Henry is so cute!!!

(I like the new socks too.)

Pheelya said...

Too cute!! I just want to pinch those rosey cheeks of his!!