Monday, June 04, 2007

Sore to my Core

Evil, thy name is wallpaper.

G and spent the entire weekend at the house, painting and remvoing wall paper. Well, we didn't sleep there, but we didn't really sleep much at all. We worked until midnight on Friday, 1 a.m. on Saturday and called it quits last night at 10. I am exhausted. And sore. And have a ton of work for my actual job to do. And I just want to nap. And knit! But I don't know that I'll be able to for several days. You see, I am sore everywhere, but mostly in my right hand and wrist. I probably shouldn't be typing.

But that is what happens when you grip a paintbrush for two days straight and scrap off wallpaper. I am just so grateful that the previous owner only had the wallpaper on two walls.

But, we longer have pink walls! I love the paint we picked and can't wait to see the rooms after next weekend when we paint the trim. (I guess it never stops. Earlier today someone asked how it feels to be a homeowner. I responded, "sore.")

But (that's three paragraphs started with "but" in a row; I'd use another transition, but I am too tired and sore), I've been knitting vicariously through all of you other knit bloggers.

1 comment:

Pheelya said...

I wonder if your previous owner were related to the previous owner of my house! The had pink walls in the dining room - I mean Pepto pink! That was the first room I primed when I painted this whole house *laugh* Of course after all that painted - if I don't see another paint roller for 10 years it would be too soon!