Thursday, June 07, 2007

Monkey Socks or Not?

A few weeks ago, I started a pair of Monkey socks and I love this pattern! But I do not like how my yarn (Tess) is behaving with it. It has this weird spiral effect going on.

IMG_1631

See no yellow on the other side:

IMG_1629

So I am trying to decide if I should rip it and save this yarn for a baby
sweater someday. I could start the Monkey sock with different yarn. I
know this is what I should do, but I HATE ripping! But when I tried it
on today and looked down at my foot, all I could see was the stupid
yellow. I didn't see the cool stitch pattern at all.

It is a fun pattern. I want to do it. I know I need to rip, but I'll probably leave it for a few days while I mourn it.

Errrrrr....

7 comments:

KnitPastis said...

I LOVE love love this colorway and TESS yarn so much! I am wearing my socks right now in Tess yarn. I do see what you mean about the color not blending well onto the otherside. Yep, you should frog it but you gotta try this yarn as a sock. This yarn is so yummy on the feet. I have seen some folks doing the Monkey pattern in solids and it looks amazing.
PS. I have to remember the next time we go out to try a Mojito:)Sounds too good to pass up.

Anonymous said...

I like how the monkey pattern looks inside out too. Sorry you've got the spiral going on. It's too bad the yellow didn't stay on the inside. :)

Anonymous said...

That is seriously weird, and COOL.
You should keep it, you can make the non colored side the back.

Ragan said...

Wow, that is very strange how those are pooling!! It will be a shame to have to frog them....

elinor said...

I think ripping is a good option. Monkey socks (I think) look best in yarns with lots of variegation and color changing. But I think the yarn can still be used for socks. It's so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I'm catching up!! Congratulations on your lovely new home (homeownership really IS a ton of work, isn't it?) and hope you had a great birthday, it sounds like you did.

Boo for bad pooling!! Do you think the yellow would spiral round to the other side soon? That could be cool, or just annoying since it wasn't the effect you were hoping for. :( It is a great pattern, probably worth doing in a yarn that you would like better. I've got some socks that I have GOT to get back to, but it means ripping too....

Pheelya said...

Tag your it :)

Details are on my blog :)