Saturday, December 09, 2006

Back from Arizona

I was so happy to arrive home late on Wednesday night. Phoenix was beautiful, but I didn't get to go outside during daylight until Tuesday afternoon; I arrived there on Saturday night.

I was exhausted and very dry! I couldn't moisturize enough. There is the tiniest possibility that G could someday be transferred to Phoenix. I don't think I would like it much. It is just too dry!

But the mountains were beautiful. This is the amazing view from my room. And it was warm enough to sit by the pool on Tue. afternoon, which was lovely.



My room was nice. All the staff got upgraded to suites. Check out my bedroom. And my sitting room. :) Seemed like a waste to have all the space just for me.





I had a yummy sushi dinner with my coworkers one night. We went way off property so we could relax and not worry about attendees lingering around.

I did a lot of knitting on the plane there and back. Almost done with G's Christmas gift. I'll be able to finish it up when he works late this week.

I started a hat over the weekend to have something to knit while he read Catcher in the Rye to me. It is one of his favorite books; he used to teach it as a high school teacher. He's got a voice for radio (reminds me of Garrison Keillor) and reads very well. It was a lovely way to spend a Friday evening.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Next time you come to Phoenix...let me know! I live on the south side!!!

What hotel did you stay in?

Sarah said...

Were you at the Princess?

KnitPastis said...

Wow, that is some view of AZ and totally love the room you got to stay in too! I hear you on the too dry weather. That's why I love living in PA. When I lived in the south, I never felt good, probably because of the humidity. I also on the other hand couldn't live in EL Paso, TX where my brother lives since it is so dry like AZ. I have such dry skin. So, I hear ya on that one. Yummm, sushi!